This week was hard yet so much fun!!
Sunday I found out that my brother Seth was willing to go with me, and the girls, up to Idaho for a family reunion. So we packed and got everything ready to go out Thursday morning. We drove...all...the...way...to...Idaho Thursday and arrived at the camp site 12:30 am Friday (Idaho time). Yikes!!!! It was about 16 1/2 hours because of all the stops we had to make for the girls. Then we kept everyone up because Aspynn woke up and was not happy and wouldn't calm down for an hour. Sorry! Needless to say, we arrived safely and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.
The reunion was for the Genther side of the family and there were many people there that I hadn't seen for years! It was great to meet new spouses and children of my cousins. Mira had the greatest time with all of her second cousins and cousins (Devi). Rebecca's and Kirsten's girls especially wanted to play and show her around. Thanks little ladies. Aspynn was adored by all with her piercing blue eyes and playful smile. Oh, also thank you to Tacie's daughter Cambrie for sharing her doll stroller. We know what to get Mira for a future present.
We had fun playing in the Lava Hot Springs pool. Mira learned to jump in from the side of the pool where Mommy, Grandma or Grandpa caught her. She didn't want to do anything else in the pool and wore out all of us.
Larry's brother, Ian, who lives in Pocatello at the moment, just happened to be going to Lava Hot Springs with some friends and was able to take me, Kaylene, tubing down the river there. It was great fun ...until... a guy from our group ended up caught at the bottom of a small waterfall where I was headed and with the current I hit him and bumped him out of his predicament. Well, in doing so I was flipped over and ended up with only a few bumps and bruises. Except, while I was trying not to die or hurt myself very badly, the river decided to steal my eye glasses when I went under. Yup, I was then blind the rest of the day and the next, which was all the way home where I had an old pair to use until I got new ones.
Lucky for me Seth was able to drive all the way home on Sunday, another 14 hour trip. Yay for the girls being able to handle such a crazy trip. I think they will love to see themselves in pictures one day looking back at their second cousins. We were grateful to go and we always have so much fun on the Genther side for family reunions.
PIctures will follow shortly. ...anticipation...
All things through Christ
-
I decided to make a word cloud of a scripture in Philippians that I hope
will make a change for good in the lives of many people. It was told to me
t...
13 years ago


1 comment:
Sorry about your glasses! Good job though! Taking trips with kids is never easy- I have gone without Colbey a few times and don't want to do it again. Glad everything went okay.
Post a Comment